I love General Conference . So much. There’s something so soothing about the voices of the speakers. I go right to sleep. They could start every single talk out with , “Dear Lexi P. Magnusson” and I’d still fall asleep. (on a side note, I really do think they should have just started several talks out that way…they were JUST for me…yeah, I’m that self centered). So anyways, I need something for my hands to do. So I craft. I build stuff. Saturday’s adventures are not yet completed, but I’ll show you what I did during the sessions on Sunday:
I made this with my Silhouette (I’m sucking up to them because I want to design things to cut for their store) and Bazzill Basics Paper. The middles are done with brads by Reminiscence- you can get them at Michaels. I simply cut the flowers, inked the edges, layered them, stuck the brad through and then hot glued them to a foam ball. In the spaces between the flowers on the ball, I glued scraps of paper. If I was thinking ahead, I probably would have just painted the ball the same color as the flowers, but I don’t think ahead. Not ever. I got the container thingee from the dollar store. I put some foam circles in there (also from the dollar store). I wrapped a dowel in floral tape (dollar store) and stuck it in the bottom of the ball. Hot glued it so it stayed in place. I jabbed the dowel into the foam circles, and then hot glued. Which was a mistake. Those floral foam circle things aren’t meant to be hot glued. It’s a gross mess. So I shoved a roll of tulle in there and all around to hold it up. Voila.
I had already made this “A” for Abby’s room (before my husband pointed out to me that maybe scarlet wasn’t the best color choice for this letter) using a big cardboard A from Joann’s. I made the texture by crumpling up tissue paper then Mod Podging it on to the letter. After it dried, I painted it all. I added another layer of mod podge to seal it in. I had originally put a big ugly daisy on it. Then I hid it because I didn’t like it. This time I cut the same flower shape out as the topiary , inked the edges and glued it on. Much better.
I’m working on a revamp for an “M” for my room but didn’t have any dark brown paint. So I’m trying to make do, and it’s not going well. I’ll REVEAL that later. I bet you’re on pins and freaking needles.